Samstag, Dezember 15

zum Tangotanzen - 2

"
Tango is what happens between steps.
[...]

The pause is a pause; you don't have to fill it. But it's not a void; it's a silence, a tension, a bridge. The pause is the motor that is still running, that hasn't stopped. This is fundamental in the tango. Sometimes we fill a pause with just anything, any random movement. Why? Because we're afraid. What's wrong? You're not feeling well? What do you mean? Well, you've stopped moving. No, macho! I'm just pausing.
[...]

I dance the silence. I dance what comes before the music, and what comes after. I dance nothing. What I dance is like an intention. How can I explain it?
[...]

Let everyone dance as they like, but let them know that there is another way, a dance that does not mean running wildly in all directions. Let them learn what a pause is, that it is not a step, but rather what exists between steps.
"

Carlos Gavito*


---
* Im Buch: Ricardo Plazaola, I wanted to dance; Carlos Gavito: life, passion and tango

Keine Kommentare: